To determine which Gracenote® database version is currently installed follow the steps below:
1. Make sure the audio/navigation system is turned on. The menu by pressing the "Audio" button on the audio/navigation unit. Then press the Source button, and touch the "HDD" option.
Then touch the “AUDIO MENU”.
Then touch the “HDD settings”.
Then you can see Gracenote® database version.
2. Compare the version number in the vehicle with the latest version number listed above. If the version numbers are the same, the vehicle has the most recent Gracenote® database. If the version numbers are different, you can update the Gracenote® database. The three-step process may take up to 90 minutes from start to completion, depending on your computer and Internet connection. You may need to complete the steps at separate times.
1. Click on the link below to start your download (Estimated download time: 1 hour with DSL).
Hint: If your browser does not automatically start the download process, be sure your browser or security settings allow files to be downloaded from this Web site. You can also right-click the file name and select "Save As" to start the download process.
2. Once you have downloaded the file to your computer, locate the file on your Hard-Disk Drive and double-click the file to decompress it (i.e., to return it to its original size).
Hint: If you do not have a decompression program installed on your computer, you can download a free trial copy of WinZip here.
3. Make sure all of the following files from ZIP file have been downloaded and decompressed:
CDDB (file folder)
The CDDB folder should contain the following files:
Do not remove any files from the CDDB folder. Files should be transferred to your vehicle in this format.
Once all the files are decompressed you'll need to burn the CDDB file folder (containing the files
shown in Step 1 above) and pamenipla.apn file to a recordable CD-R or CD-RW. Please use a recordable CD-R or CR-RW with a capacity of more than 600MB.
To transfer the files to your CD, do the following:
1. Click on the "START" button in your computer's lower left-hand column and select "MY COMPUTER."
2. Locate the CDdrive icon.
3. Click on and drag the decompressed files listed above onto the CD icon, which will start the transfer process. All of these files must be copied to the root of the CD drive and should not be copied into any folders.
Once this process is complete, you are now ready to install the Gracenote® file in your vehicle.
Make sure your engine is running during the Gracenote® update installation. Do not run the installation with the key in the ACC position as this may drain your battery.
1. With your audio/navigation system turned on, insert the update CD into the drive.
2. Open the "Gracenote Information: Update" menu of your audio/navigation system. You can find the menu by pressing the "Audio" button on the audio/navigation unit. Then press the Source button, and touch the "HDD" option.
Next touch the “AUDIO MENU”.
Then touch the “HDD settings”.
3. Next, touch "HDD setting". to touch "Gracenote Information: Update" to begin the update.
4. The system will request confirmation that you want to update the database. Touch "Yes."
5. The system will perform the update and prompt you when the update is complete.
6. Once this screen appears, touch "OK." The update is now complete and the most recent files have been downloaded to your vehicle's Hard-Disk Drive.
You're done! Please remove the CD. Your system is now ready to be used.
Note: When update is completed, new version will not be shown on screen unless you come out from screen and go back into “HDD setting”.
If you encounter issues during the update process, it may be due to one of the following reasons: If you pushed the "disc eject" button during the update, you must restart the update process from the beginning.
The system may not be able to read your CD. The CD you burn must be in one of the following formats in Mode 1 / Mode 2: ISO9660, Level2, Joliet, or Romeo.
The file may have been corrupted during the file decompression process. Repeat the process to decompress the file and burn the CD and try again.
Please refer to the FAQs for your vehicle model for additional information on troubleshooting, or contact your Authorised Honda Dealer.