Terms and Conditions of Purchase
End User Terms: Map data product(s) are subject to the End User License Agreement enclosed with the map data product.
Address Changes: Map data product owners are responsible for notifying NAVTEQ North America LLC ("NAVTEQ") of any address changes. Map data product purchases and subscription updates will be sent to the address on the file. In the event that a shipment is returned due to an unregistered change of address, and the customer requests that NAVTEQ reship the map data product to another address, the customer will be liable for applicable shipping and handling charges.
Product Shipments: Map data product owners are responsible for notifying NAVTEQ within 30 days of shipping date if a purchase is not received. NAVTEQ will replace the missing map data product only if notified of non-receipt within 30 days of shipping date. Map data product subscription owners are responsible for notifying NAVTEQ of non-receipt of updates. If a subscriber fails to maintain an accurate mailing address on file, NAVTEQ's obligation to deliver updates ends with the expiration data of the subscription.
Damaged Product Replacements: Request for replacement must be made within 30 days after the shipping date noted on the delivery note. NAVTEQ will replace map data products damaged during shipment from NAVTEQ with the same version of the map data product originally received. No refunds or map area exchanges will be given on damaged map data products. NAVTEQ will not replace map data products damaged due to customer abuse or neglect.
Replacements: NAVTEQ will replace defective map data products purchased direct from NAVTEQ. After the defective map data product is received and tested by NAVTEQ, a replacement map data product of the same version will be sent to you at no charge. If the returned map data product is not defective, a replacement of the same map disc product release and map data product line version will be sent to you at a charge of $25 USD, plus shipping and handling. Requests for replacement must be made within 30 days after the shipping date noted on the delivery note.
Returns and Exchanges: Only unopened map data products purchased direct from NAVTEQ can be returned to NAVTEQ for refund or exchange. No partial refunds will be given on map data product subscriptions.
- Returns: Your credit card account will be credited for the price of the map data product. If your order included discounted map data product, the refund will be given to the lower-priced Map Data discs. Partial returns of map sets will not be accepted.
- Exchanges: All exchanges shall be of the same map data product release and map data product line. A shipping and handling fee will be charged to deliver the exchange map data product.
Requesting Replacements, Returns, and Exchanges: Contact NAVTEQ within 30 days after the shipping date noted on the packing slip. Requests for warranty replacements, returns and exchanges made after 30 days will not be honored.
- Click on the "Order Status" link and enter your original order number and billing zip/postal code. Orders not complying with the 30-day limit will not be allowed to continue.
- Click on the "returns" link, which will allow you to complete the online returns process within 30 days of the original ship date.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once your returned map data has been received, you will receive email notification on your return order status.