Just like any other vehicle part (tyres, engine, etc), navigation systems need to be regularly maintained to ensure optimum functionality.
A map update offers numerous advantages:
- Road data updates: (new roads, infrastructures, interchanges, traffic direction changes, etc).
- Itinerary optimisations and distances covered
- Improvements to the address book with new points of interest (restaurants, service stations, hotels, etc)
- Activation or update to risk zones information(1)
FROM €149 incl. VAT
Differences noted between the 2013/2014 and the 2014/2015 editions(4) for the Europe map(3).
|Kilometres of road covered: 10,463,060||3,065
|Total number of points of interest (POIs):
|Car parks: 15,869||1,668
|Service stations: 140,434|
(1) Not available with the WIP com RT3 system.
(2) HERE MapsÂ® data updated in the 4th quarter of 2013.
(3) Update package for Europe 2014/2015 edition for WIP Com (RT4/RT5) including the following countries: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M), Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
(4) Differences noted between the HERE MapsÂ® Q4 2012 (4th quarter of 2012) and Q4 2013 (4th quarter of 2013) databases.