- Why do I need to buy a new map update?
- How often are new map updates released?
- I am experiencing errors in the routes that my navigation system provides.
- The map that I was supplied does not contain a road that I know exists.
- What delivery method is used for my map release and how long does it take?
- Do I have to pay for shipping and handling charges?
- Do I have to pay local taxes?
- How can I tell whether my Navigation System uses a D-Navi, 10 CD set or a single DVD?
- How secure are my payment details?
- How do I obtain technical advice about my Volkswagen Navigation System?
- How do I obtain technical advice about my NAVTEQ maps?
- What do I do if I wish to return the map that I have purchased?
- Am I able to buy a European map for my North American car?
- How can I purchase a replacement map?
- How do I know if the map for sale on this website is an update from the current map in my navigation system?
1. Why do I need to buy a new map update?
The road network is constantly changing which is why HERE maps are updated, approximately once a year. With a new map release you can be comfortable that you have the latest information available for your Volkswagen Navigation System, providing you with a better travel experience whether on business or leisure.
3. I am experiencing errors in the routes that my navigation system provides.
Route guidance is dictated by the System and its software, and therefore should be addressed with your System Manufacturer or Car Dealership.
4. The map that I was supplied does not contain a road that I know exists.
We make every effort to provide map data that is up to date by employing full-time staff in more than 57 offices throughout North America. We appreciate drivers who take the time to tell us that we might need to make a change. To report a change, please click here.
5. What delivery method is used for my map release and how long does it take?
All HERE maps are delivered by couriers with tracking services. We offer ground, 2-day and overnight service*. United States Ground shipping delivers also includes delivery to P.O. Boxes. Delivery is dependent on stock availability and receipt of payment or credit card authorization.
*Delivery time is based on business days and whether or not your order was received before 3 p.m. Central Standard Time.
6. Do I have to pay for shipping and handling charges?
Shipping and handling charges are an additional charge to the cost of the map and are dependent on where you require your map to be delivered. The charges will be displayed clearly as you order your map. The shipping and handling prices are as follows: Canada $29.95 USD, United States 2Day $9.95, United States Overnight $19.95.
7. Do I have to pay local taxes?
Yes. Local taxes will be displayed as you order your map.
8. How can I tell whether my Navigation System uses a D-Navi, 10 CD set or a single DVD?
You can find out by looking at the disc in your Volkswagen Navigation System. If it is a DVD disc, the DVD logo will be printed on the face of the disc. Also, the D-Navi System has 10 CDs and the DVD System has only 1 DVD.
9. How secure are my payment details?
To help protect your credit card number and personal information, we encrypt every order. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble your credit card number and personal information.
10. How do I obtain technical advice about my Volkswagen Navigation System?
Your best resource for getting an answer to your technical questions is your local authorized VW dealer. We rely on them to be our source of technical information for all things concerning VW vehicles and systems. To locate and contact a local dealer, click here.
13. Am I able to buy a European map for my North American car?
No. European maps are formatted for European Volkswagen Navigation Systems, which are different from those fitted in North American cars.
14. How can I purchase a replacement map?
Replacement CD or DVD maps are only available for the latest model year. If you have lost or damaged your map and wish to purchase a replacement, the latest map version for your navigation system is available on this website.
15. How do I know if the map for sale on this website is an update from the current map in my navigation system?
In most cases you can compare the version number that is printed on the CD or DVD against the version indicated against the map for sale. Please note that the version number may not be printed on the map disc, for some of the older model years. Please also note that CD or DVD maps available for purchase may be the same as the maps shipped with your car and are available for replacement purposes only.
If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact us.